Fresh from our friends at Good Land Organics, Finger Limes are available at Grower’s Organic! These small limes have a caviar-like center and a pleasantly floral lime taste. Call to order yours today!
Posts Tagged ‘“Grower’s Organic”’
Posted Wednesday, December 19th, 2012 | No Comments »
Posted Friday, November 9th, 2012 | No Comments »
Photo & Recipe from Simply Recipes
Don’t let the sunchoke intimidate you! Known also as Jerusalem Artichokes, these root vegetables pack a hefty nutritional punch so don’t let their odd appearance scare you off. Instead, try a warm and easy soup!
JERUSALEM ARTICHOKE (SUNCHOKE) SOUP
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 lbs sunchokes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 qt vegetable or chicken stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the butter in a soup pot over medium-high heat and cook the onions and celery until soft, about 5 minutes. Do not brown them. Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Sprinkle with salt.
- Add the sunchokes and the stock to the pot and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to low, and simmer, covered, until the sunchokes begin to break down, 45 minutes to an hour.
- Using an immersion blender or upright blender, purée the soup. If using an upright blender, fill the blender bowl up only to a third of capacity at a time, if the soup is hot, and hold down the lid while blending. Alternately, you can push the soup through the finest grate on a food mill, or push it through a sturdy sieve. Add salt to taste.
Sprinkle with freshly grated black pepper to serve.
Posted Wednesday, November 7th, 2012 | No Comments »
Posted Friday, November 2nd, 2012 | No Comments »
California! We need you to set a wise example!
According to this alarming article, the current polls for Proposition 37 are locked in a dead heat! Voting YES would require foods purchased at grocery stores with genetically modified ingredients (GMOs) be labeled as such. Don’t you want to know what lurks in your food?!
Posted Monday, October 29th, 2012 | No Comments »
Photo from YumUniverse
Trick AND treat!
We’re labeling this plant-based recipe from vegan powerhouse YumUniverse a treat because turning bell peppers into nutrient-stuffed jack-o-lanterns is one superb trick!
Click HERE to follow step-by-step instructions to making your own Halloween cuteness. And call us for supplies! 303-299-9500